The Pedometer is a device of small dimensions used to determine the number of steps a person takes on a given period. It can be loaded comfortably and placed on your belt, the edge of your pants or skirt. The pedometer has a sensor that detects the roll produced by each step and records it electronically.
The pedometer is an essential means to carry out the Metabolic Slimming Program, as it helps patients reach and exceed the goal of 10,000 daily walking steps. In addition, it is a low-impact functional exercise with cardiovascular training and musculoskeletal conditioning that involves an effective caloric intake. All you need is a good pair of shoes, comfortable clothes and your pedometer.
Some benefits of walking are:
- Burns almost the same calories as jogging
- Relieves back pain
- Reduces your waist
- Reduces blood pressure
- Reduces bad cholesterol levels
- Reduces risks of heart attack
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Improves muscle tone
- It is recommended for your joints
- Reduces appetite
- Increase aerobic capacity
- It can be done in short sessions
- Reduces osteoporosis